A bomb calorimeter is used to measure the heat created by a sample burned under an oxygen rich atmosphere in a closed vessel, which is surrounded by water, under controlled conditions. The measurement result is called the combustion-, calorific- or BTU-value. The result allows to make certain important quality, physiological, physical and chemical, as well as financial conclusions about the product.
Model: C1 Model: C200
Model: C6000 Model: C7000
The C 1 static jacket oxygen bomb calorimeter represents a giant leap forward in calorimeter technology by featuring a high degree of automation in a compact design; the smallest calorimeter footprint available.
It operates according to DIN 51900 and ISO 1928. The temperature readings are analyzed according to the classical isoperibol method of Regnault Pfaundler.
The traditionally known, comparably heavy screw threaded decomposition vessel, has been replaced by a light and easily attachable combustion chamber.
Due to the variety of different interfaces (PC, balance, printer) this unit is easily adaptable depending on the customer’s specific application needs. Further adaption to data management and LIMS is possible with our calorimeter software C 6040 Calwin (Accessory).
The C 1 Calorimeter can only be operated together with a fitted cooling water supply unit. Therefore we recommend our C 1 Package 1/10 for best performance. It includes the chiller KV 600 NR and ensures best possible connectivity and function of the Calorimeter.
The unit contains all parts necessary to set up the unit. We also supply wear parts and consumables for the first approximately 500 experiments including 25 calibrations. The C 1.10 combsution chamber is equipped with the C 5010.5 large crucible holder and C 6 large quartz crucible.
M2 Scientifics is proud to offer this award winning line of calorimeters from IKA. They have set the standard for design, safety, efficiency, and ease of use. IKA provides excellent calorimetry systems that are feature packed.
The C 200 Calorimeter by IKA is a compact and affordable calorimeter for measuring the calorific values present in solid and liquid samples up to 40 kJ. Ideal for chemistry and food labs, but also great in low-throughput industrial labs. Four different modes (isoperibol, dynamic, manual, and time-controlled) allow for flexibility in your protocols. All modes provide automatic ignition and calculation of calorific value except for manual mode. Manuel mode is intended for students so that they can ignite the sample and record changes from displayed data in minute intervals, allowing them to calculate the calorific value.
The C 200 Calorimeter is also compatible with CalWin C 5040 calorimeter software for data analysis and storage. May also export data to MS Excel and Word for further analysis.
IKA C 200 Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter Features
- Max Measuring Range - 40000 J
- Includes C 200 Decomposition vessel, C 5010 oxygen filling station and C 248
- Compatible with CalWin C 5040 calorimeter software
- Space-saving low cost combustion calorimeter
- Determines gross calorific values of liquid and solid samples
- Validation according to DIN 51900,ISO 1928, ASTM D240, ASTM D4809, ASTM D5865, ASTM D1989, ASTM D5468, ASTM E711
- Data can be exported to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ideal for teaching and industrial laboratories (i.e. colleges, technical schools, and universities)
- Manual handling for oxygen and water filling
- Clear and easy to use display
- 4 different working methods - isoperibolic, dynamic, manual, and time controlled
- External power pack
- Up to 8 IKA measuring cells can be controlled by single PC with multiserial plug in card PCI 8.2 (accessory)
- Includes a 3 + 2 year warranty with registration
- Mode measuring times
- Isoperibolic: approximately 17 min.
- Dynamic : approximately 8 min
- Manual : approximately 17 min (dependent on operator)
- Time controlled : 14 min
The C 6000 global standards oxygen bomb calorimeter combines modern technology, variability and automation (adiabatic, isoperibol; dynamic modes) in one instrument. It operates according to all bomb calorimeter standards, such as e.g. the DIN, ISO, ASTM, GOST and GB. The operator can choose between three different starting temperatures (22, 25,30 Celsius) in each measuring mode: adiabatic, isoperibol or dynamic. Due to the spherically shaped decomposition vessel head, the wall thickness was able to be reduced, allowing for faster heat transfer which results in a shorter time measurement. Due to the variety of different interfaces (PC, Ethernet, SD-card, balance, printer) this unit is easily adaptable depending on the customer’s specific application needs. Further adaption to data management and LIMS is possible with our calorimeter software C 6040 Calwin (Accessory).
The C 7000 is the first IKA calorimeter with a completely dry system for measuring the gross calorific value of solid and liquid samples. The temperature is measured directly in the decomposition system. This results in measurement times in the range of 3 to 7 minutes (depending on the sample). The system can manage up to 8 different decomposition vessels using a code ring scheme.
- High sample frequency
- Precise and reproducible determination of gross calorific values according to ISO 1928
- Reduction of routine work through automatic application flow
- Automatic decomposition vessel identification
- Interface connections for scale, printer and PC
- User-friendly software C 5040 CalWin for controlling the calorimeter and administration of measuring data
- The decomposition vessel can be changed over to use combustible crucibles C 14